Another Summer Lunch from the Mediterranean Diet!
Honey mustard grilled salmon with green or black lentils
This recipe is versatile in that you can change the salmon for mackerel or any other fish. You can also replace the puy lentils with any other legume you may fancy - for example canned cannellini beans or kidney beans. You can also cook the lentils and beetroot yourself, if you have the time!
1 lemon- zest and juice
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp clear honey
2 skinless salmon fillets
2 tsp rapeseed oil
5 spring onions,
sliced 6 oz cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), diced
9 oz pack ready-to-eat green or black lentils
10 basil leaves
2 big handfuls arugula
1. Turn the grill to high and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Mix the lemon zest and juice, mustard and honey.
3. Put the salmon on the tray, brush with a little of the dressing, then grill for 5-7 mins – there is no need to turn the salmon over until it flakes easily when tested with a knife.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and cook the spring onions and beetroot. Tip in the lentils with 4 tbsp water, cover the pan and cook for 2 mins to heat through.
5. Tip into a bowl and toss with the remaining dressing, the basil and arugula. Serve with the salmon.