Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
$16 to $20 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy Programs, an adult mental health residential facility, is looking for a full-time Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor to work with our clients. Hours are 2pm to 10pm – days TBD but will include one weekend day a week. An Associate's degree is desired; must possess a CADC credential. Past experience in the mental health field is preferred. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical and dental benefits, paid time off, and 401k participation. Pay for this position is $16.00 to $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Summary: Contributes to the achievements of goals and objectives of the facility residents. Facilitates group counseling and educational sessions using commonly accepted curriculums of the AOD counseling profession.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides group and one-on-one counseling sessions.
- Prepares detailed treatment and progress notes.
- Develops appropriate plans for treatment of individuals.
- Provides assistance to and supports clients ADL’s (activities of daily living), to include feeding themselves, bathing, dressing, grooming and leisure activities.
- Assists clients with maintenance of individual living spaces and adherence to special diets and medical regimens.
- Observes residents’ daily activities and monitors residents’ behavioral changes, documenting and reporting observations per policy and procedure.
- Reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need.
- Provides crisis intervention and emotional support to clients when appropriate.
- May provide transportation of clients in agency vehicles to off-site outings and appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recognizes the basic symptoms of personality disorders.
- Able to write articulately.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as procedural manuals.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy.
- Exhibits excellent listening skills.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Remains calm during stressful situations.
- Maintains friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required; an AA or BA in psychology or related field is preferred.
- Must possess a CADC-CAS, CADC-I, CADC-II, or CADC-iii in good standing
- 2+ years of experience in AOD counseling in a residential setting preferred.
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 4604 Roosevelt Ave Sacramento CA 95820