$65,000 to $75,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy is looking for a full-time Chef Manager to work in our Morgan Hill residential facility. The Chef Manager is responsible for getting meals out to 70 residents on a daily basis. This position supervises staff and also prepares food, serves residents and keeps a clean kitchen. Will be ordering and performing weekly inventory.
This position pays $65,000 - $75,000 per annum, depending on experience. As a full-time employee, they will be eligible for medical and dental insurance, a generous time off accrual and 401k participation with a 5% company match.
All employees must pass a criminal background check and be able to be certified for CPR and first aid. Must have a valid Driver's License.
Job Summary: Coordinates and executes all aspects of food service for a facility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees and executes daily food service while paying attention to food cost, waste management and inventory control.
- Ensures maintenance of ‘par’ stock levels for all perishable and non-perishable goods.
- Checks and maintains records of time and temperature logs and production records.
- Adheres to all corporate and licensing policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Supervises and trains all kitchen staff. Reviews performance of staff in collaboration with the Executive Chef.
- In coordination with the Executive Chef, creates, develops and designs menus utilizing fresh, non-frozen/canned ingredients.
- Monitors and maintains kitchen equipment and recommends repairs and purchases as needed.
- Ensures clean kitchen work areas and dining room within state health and safety guidelines.
- Processes inventory on at least a monthly basis.
- Processes purchase invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of food production including presentation, design and creation.
- Knowledgeable of nutrition and caloric values of foods.
- Team leader with the ability to work with all levels of staff, clients and administration.
- Proven contribution to the overall growth of their staff. Able to be a mentor to junior staff.
- Able to negotiate and deal with vendors.
- Knowledge of state and local food handling requirements.
- Able to work without supervision.
- 2+ year culinary arts degree plus 5 years of experience in a classic restaurant;
OR 7+ years of related experience.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to receive criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
- A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than twelve months prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than twelve months prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to administer first aid and CPR with proper training.
- Must have a valid ServSafe Manager or equivalent certificate, or be able to get one within 90 days.
- Frequently required to stand and use hands.
- Regularly required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop or kneel.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult high-end residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 18225 Hale Ave Morgan Hill CA 95037