Do You Enjoy Helping Others?
Do You Enjoy Helping Others?
Compensation: $13 - $15.80 per hour
Employment type: employee's choice
Psynergy Programs is looking for full-time and part-time Residential Counselors to work with our clients, supporting them in all areas of their daily living. Must be able to work at least one weekend day (Saturday OR Sunday).
Pay for this position is $13.00 to $15.80 per hour, depending on experience. A high school diploma or GED is required. One to two years of experience is preferred. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training.
For more information on this position, please read below.
To Apply: Please apply here monterey.craigslist.org/hea/d/residential-counselors-needed/6609145624.html with your resume and a cover letter. If you are selected to move forward in our process we will contact you. Please no phone calls.
Job Summary: Responsible for recreational, educational, life skills and other activities that contribute to the achievement of our resident’s goals and objectives. Provide conditions and direct client services according to Psynergy’s established procedures and schedules.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide assistance individually and in groups to supports clients in all areas of daily living and working.
- Observe, perform and document timely narrative entries of resident's daily activities in the "daily log" according to established process and assures paperwork/reports are completed
- Monitor residents' behavioral changes for signs and symptoms of mental illness, reinforce positive appropriate behavior, offer counseling and support to residents in need
- Encourage all clients to attend activities, groups and scheduled appointments
- Assist cleaning staff and kitchen staff with the redirecting of clients
- Provide client transportation in agency vehicles to off-site outings and appointments, or to obtain program supplies or other agency business
- Assure facility is clean and well kept; perform light cleaning duties as needed
- Encourage and assist clients in completing tasks as needed such as assisting incontinent clients with laundry, room cleaning and changing sheets; and monitoring/assisting diabetic clients with maintenance of special diets
- Familiarize self with the overall health status of all clients especially clients with diabetes, current illness, and/or restricted health care conditions
- Administer PRN medications and completes Medication Log and/or other audits according to medication room policies and procedures
- Take vital signs in certain situation and reports results
- Remain awake and alert while on duty for shift.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years related experience preferred
- Valid CA driver's license, current automobile insurance, and a good driving record as documented by a DMV report
- Valid standard first aid/CPR card from an accredited institution and be able to administer first aid in an emergency situation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; inventory software; internet software; order processing systems; and database software preferred.
Benefits: We strive to maintain a diverse, motivated, and positive work environment in Greenfield. We offer full-time employees an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and 5% 401(k) matching and profit sharing. Part-time employees are eligible to accrue sick time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.