Great Opportunity for a Sr. Human Resources Manager at Growing Co.! (Morgan Hill)
Great Opportunity for a Sr. Human Resources Manager at Growing High-End Residential Facility
Compensation: $85K - $120K
Employment type: full-time
Our Company: Psynergy is an adult high-end residential facility that provides a housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, Sacramento and growing!
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality - we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
The Position: We are seeking a seasoned Sr. HR manager, experienced in developing and implementing HR strategies that align with business goals in all areas of HR. This individual will provide leadership and direction by developing, implementing and driving end-to-end HR programs and services including Recruiting, Leave Management/Tracking, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Discipline/Termination, HR Operations , Compensation and all related components and responsibilities. The HR Manager will travel between our three state of the art sites overseeing the HR functions in each will be assisted by an HR Generalist as a direct report. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
We are looking for an ambitious and capable Sr. HR Manager to serve as a champion and thought leader to develop and implement HR strategies and processes aligned to the organization's strategic goals, mission and values. You must be adept at working with a variety of personalities and comfortable around clients with mental and emotional challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Confer with hiring managers to clarify job specifications, job duties and skill requirements and write job descriptions and postings to reflect current needs.
- Oversee the recruiting function; sourcing and screening candidates through job fairs, alumni groups, staffing agencies, etc.; background and reference checks.
- Oversee the on-boarding process, assisting with coordinate new employee orientations.
- Address employee concerns and facilitate good communications between employees and managers through professional communication techniques.
- Engage with the staff and get involved in creating a retention culture.
- Organize, manage, coordinate and administer activities and functions of the HR Department.
- Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment law.
- Ensure the company enacts best practices to comply with federal labor laws.
- Identify and monitor industry and regulatory trends affecting HR programs.
- Develop policies and practices to mitigate liabilities.
- Oversee benefits administration with carriers and broker. Analyze benefit package costs and offerings and ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements.
- Manage leaves of absence in compliance with all local, state and federal ordinances, laws and regulations.
- May be responsible for many of the administrative duties of the HR and recruiting functions.
- 7-10+ years of experience in HR management with a thorough understanding of HR principles, best practices, employment laws, compliance and general administrative skills with prior direct report to Executive Management
- 3-5+ years of recruiting experience, preferably in the mental health or social work fields
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Develop, implement and manage programs and procedures in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy
- Personable and likes employees but can make the tough decisions.
- Proactive, self-directing and project oriented with good planning and organizational skills
- Confident, outgoing personality with a professional appearance
- Ability to be organized and flexible in a changing environment
- Mac and MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficient
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License and be eligible for the company insurance plan
- A Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Master's degree preferred.
- Start-up experience, experience with growing or 100-200 employee companies is highly desirable!
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Benefits: We strive to maintain a diverse, motivated, and positive work environment. This is a full-time position with a salary of $85,000 - $120,000 (commensurate with experience) in a small program with a friendly, comfortable atmosphere and the ability to be hands on and gain valuable experience. We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Paid Time Off (FTO), 5% 401(k) matching and profit sharing.
Contact: Please respond including your resume. If you are selected to move forward in our process we will contact you to complete an application and criminal background check form (Required). Please no phone calls. Visit our web site for additional information on our company at: www.psynergy.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers