Lead Caregiver/Assistant Administrator
$18 to $26 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy Programs, an adult mental health residential facility in Morgan Hill, is looking for a Lead Residential Caregiver/Assistant Administrator to work closely with the Administrator to support our clients. Pay for this position is $18.00 to $26.00 per hour, depending on experience. Work days/hours are Thursday – Monday, 8am – 5pm. Must work 2 on-call shifts each week.
An AA or BA degree is required. Must have 3+ years’ experience in counseling, social work or a residential facility. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training. Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean record.
Psynergy offers a generous time-off plan, medical, dental and life insurance, and a 401k plan with a 5% employer match.
Summary: Works to ensure that clients are properly supported in the facility from admit to discharge. Sets the tone for staff interactions with clients. Acts as Administrator when Administrator is off-duty.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts in place of Administrator when Administrator is not on site.
- Supervises the daily activities of all Residential Counselors including scheduling, training, support and discipline when needed.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, reviews, monitors and evaluates the work of the Residential Counselors.
- Ensures daily reports, logs and required documentation are completed in a timely manner.
- Takes On-Call duty on assigned nights.
- Works with the Administrator to ensure the facility is maintained in compliance with Community Care Licensing.
- Inspects, logs and follows up on repairs that need to be made in the facility.
- Prepares for and orients new clients, reviewing required documentation, assisting with settling into room and storing their belongings.
- Oversees the organization of all onsite and offsite storage for client personal belongings. Arranges for stored items to be retrieved as needed.
- Assists with gathering and completing necessary paperwork for Incident Reporting/Missing Person reporting and/or Emergency Medical or Psychiatric ambulance transport.
- Provides assistance to and supports clients ADL’s (activities of daily living), to include feeding themselves, bathing, dressing, grooming and leisure activities.
- Observes residents’ daily activities and monitors residents’ behavioral changes, documenting and reporting observations per policy and procedure.
- Reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need.
- Assures facility is clean and well kept; directs and performs light cleaning duties as needed.
- Provides transportation of clients in agency vehicles to off-site outings and appointments as needed.
- May administer medications in accordance with medication room policies and procedures.
- May assist or lead groups or recreational activities, such as shopping.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult high-end residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 18225 Hale Ave Morgan Hill CA 95037