Medication Room Manager
$25 to $30 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy Programs is looking for a full-time Medication Room Manager for its Sacramento facility. This position is responsible for ensuring medication room staff is following company policies, ordering and auditing client medications and completing required documentation. The hourly rate for this position is $25 - $30 per hour, depending on experience. We offer medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and generous paid time off.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. An LVN, LPT or RN license is highly desired. Must have at least one year of experience working in a mental health environment and 2+ years working with medications. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training.
Summary: Responsible for the safety and compliance of the Medication Room.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains medication room objectives through inspections, education, and overall administration and supervision of patient care rendered.
- Oversees Medication Room staff to ensure clients receive optimal care in a comfortable, clean, orderly and safe environment.
- Ensures that all staff is following company policies and procedures and that the facility is meeting CCL medication regulations and standards.
- Reviews work schedules for compliance with state code and 24 hour coverage in coordination with the Administrator.
- Establishes procedures for the administration and control of client, OTC, and expired medications pursuant to Title XXII.
- Provides medication room training consistent with agency standards, practices and policies to medication room staff.
- Provides appropriate consultation and back up to support residential and medication room staff in responding to client crises.
- Consults with program staff during admission and discharge and oversees medication-related administrative duties, including document production and audits.
- Provides direct care services within scope of practice and completes required documentation as assigned.
- Completes clinical records and other required documentation in accordance with agency, Payer and regulatory requirement.
- Participates in management of team/program discretionary resources available to meet client needs.
- Provides medical education/training to clients’ families and staff on injectable medication according to physician’s orders and acceptable medical standards.
- Orders medications as needed so as to ensure adequate supplies are available to meet client prescribed needs including PRN medications
- Assists clients as needed with self-administering medication.
- Other duties as assigned
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company address: 4604 Roosevelt Ave Sacramento CA 95820
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org