Medication Room Technician
$15 to $18 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy Programs is looking for a full-time Medication Room Technician for our Sacramento facility. This position is responsible for passing the correct medications at designated times, as well as PRNs as needed. May help clients self-administer medication. Keeps all logs current. The hourly rate for this position is $15 - $18 per hour.
We offer medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and generous paid time off. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. An Associate’s degree is preferred. A pharmacy tech. or med. tech. certification is highly desired. Must have at least one year of experience passing medications. All new hires must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete first aid and CPR training.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Passes client medications on-time and in authorized locations, documenting administration as required.
- Assist clients as needed with self-administering medication.
- Assists during the client admission process by setting up the “Medication Log” and other required medication services forms and logging in all medications received.
- Logs in and out all medications that are received or medications that need to be returned to pharmacy as needed.
- Prepares all medications for clients going out on pass.
- Completes daily report of low or no medication supplies.
- Ensures that Medication Room, storage areas, and refrigerators are organized, safe, and clean.
- Observes residents’ daily routines and monitors residents’ behavioral and physical health changes, documenting and reporting as required.
- Assists and supports residential floor staff as needed and/or assigned.
- Assists with emergency personnel in the event of an emergency call, to include providing and completing necessary paperwork.
- Takes vitals and administers medication as needed.
- Adheres to the universal precautions of hand washing, gloves, use of disinfectant and proper disposal of infectious materials.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Organized and efficient.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as procedural manuals.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy.
- Exhibits excellent listening skills.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Remains calm during stressful situations.
- Maintains friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- High School Diploma or GED required; an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1+ years passing medications is required
- Experience working with mental health clients highly desired.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to receive criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
- A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to administer first aid and CPR with proper training.
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have three locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 4604 Roosevelt Ave, Sacramento 95820