Greek Chickpea Salad
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 mins
The change of the season is a big reminder to also use different ingredients from the ones we were using during winter. This salad is delicious as-is, but you can absolutely add other ingredients to the mix to customize the flavors to your tastes, such animal protein or leafy greens.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (around 15 oz)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely dice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or about 10 ounces Roma tomatoes, chopped)
- 1 can sliced black olives (around 14 oz)
- 1 cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place all of the ingredients for the salad into a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl, (or jar with a lid) and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over salad, and toss salad in dressing until salad is evenly coated in dressing. Enjoy, or chill salad (covered) in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
** You can prepare this salad hours before serving. Is a dish that gets better by the minute!