Plant-based Toscana Soup
Soups are amazing! Because they are packed with nutrients, they are flavorful and easy to digest. This Toscana soup is also a great way to fit in a TON of veggies!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 - 60 minutes
Total Time: 60 - 75 minutes
1 small yellow onion, diced.
3 cloves garlic, minced.
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning blend.
2 Tbsp all-purpose seasoning blend.
2 Tbsp garlic powder.
2 tsp red pepper flakes.
4 medium Russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces.
4 medium carrots, diced.
6 large stalks celery, diced.
3 small broccoli stalks, diced (stems & head separated).
32 oz. vegetable stock.
1⁄4 cup white vinegar.
1 large bunch kale, de-stemmed, torn into pieces (Stems set aside to be added to soup)
1 can coconut milk.
2 cups nutritional yeast.
12 oz or 1 can cooked chickpeas.
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Add onion, garlic, and ½ cup of veggie broth to a regular pot (you can also use your instant pot).
2. Sauté until softened (if using instant pot, turn on the sauté setting.)
3. Add potatoes, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, 1 Tbsp seasoning blend, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes.
4. Sauté another 5-7 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic.
5. Once the potatoes are tender, add carrots, celery, broccoli stems, kale stems, vinegar, 1 Tbsp garlic, 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, 1 Tbsp seasoning blend, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp sea salt.
6. Stir in the coconut milk & rest of the broth.
7. Let all ingredients simmer for 40-60 minutes. (If using instant pot, place lid on, then change setting to manual high pressure for 6 minutes)
8. Once the soup is done, add nutritional yeast & remaining seasonings. (Make sure you release the steam if you use the instant pot)
9. Add kale leaves & broccoli heads, stir until wilted.
10. Drain chickpeas and add them to the soup.
11. Taste and adjust seasonings of needed. Serve and Enjoy!