Score this super-healthy snack for the big game!
Sweet Potato Chicken Poppers
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 40 mins
Servings: 4 (20-25 poppers)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potato, finely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp oat or coconut flour
- 2 sprigs green onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper lightly greased with olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly flattened poppers about one inch in diameter and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce!