Spectacular Main Dish for 2020 Holiday Celebrations!
Tri-tip is a super flavorful, tender and delicious cut of beef rich in protein and B vitamins. It can be slow roasted, grilled or smoked. Luckily it doesn’t need to be cooked for hours. This tender cut can be quickly cooked and sliced against the grain for a simple way to get some deliciously cooked steak on the table!!
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 1/2 lb tri-tip roast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 rosemary springs
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Use a roasting pan with a rack on the bottom.
- In a bowl mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, shallots, olive oil and rosemary
- Rub the roast liberally with the mix in the bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Place meat in the prepared roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue roasting meat for another 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 135 degrees F. Let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing it.
**Make sure you test the temperature of the meat to cook to your preferred temperature. Don’t rely on time to cook a perfect roast.