Residential Facility Administrator
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Psynergy Programs, Inc., an adult mental health residential treatment facility located in Sacramento, CA, is looking for an Administrator. Psynergy offers medical and dental insurance, generous paid-time-off, and participation in a 401k plan with a 5% employer match.
The Position: The Administrator plans, organizes, and directs the operations of the facility in accordance with CCR Title 22. The administrator is responsible for assuring the overall health and well-being of the clients. The administrator sets the tone for employee and client relations. The administrator is expected to support the well-being of clients in recovery by providing a therapeutic environment where clients and staff are treated with understanding, patience and dignity.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Plans, organizes directs, and evaluates the performance of assigned staff.
- Provides leadership to develop and retain highly competent staff through selection, compensation, training, and management practices, which support the facility’s mission and values.
- Recruits, trains and evaluates qualified staff; oversees in-service training for staff.
- Performs disciplinary actions and terminates staff as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of staff consistent with client and program needs
- Reviews and approves reports for outside agencies.
- Represents the facility in administrative meetings and participates in the grievance process of staff members and residents as appropriate.
- Determines appropriate clients for placement in the facility.
- Updates the Emergency Disaster Plan as necessary.
- Oversees the safekeeping and distribution of the residents’ cash reserves.
- Ensures CCL licensing, accrediting regulatory agency requirements, including facility, documentation standards, financial records and program assets are maintained.
- Works closely with the analyst from Community Care licensing to ensure compliance with CCR Title 22.
- Oversees communication with client stakeholders including, but not limited to, Conservators, Case Managers, and family members while at the same time protecting the confidentiality of the client.
- Develops and implements standards of care and assists staff to work effectively and efficiently.
- Receives, screens, and acts upon requests and complaints from visitors and members of the public, including local neighbors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of care and supervision needed by mental health clients including the ability to communicate with such clients.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations for the facility.
- Ability to establish the facility’s policy, programs and budget.
- Competent with using a computer and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct care experience with individuals with mental illness.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.
- A current ARF Administrator certificate issued by the State of California, Department of Social Services.
- A valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and a good driving record as documented by a DMV report.
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
- A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Must have a current standard first aid card from an accredited institution. Within six (6) months of becoming an administrator, the individual shall receive training on HIV and TB required by health and safety code section 1562.5. Thereafter the administrator shall receive updated training every two years.
- Administrators shall complete at least forty (40) classroom hours of continuing education during the two-year certification period. Continuing education hours must relate to the Core of Knowledge.
About Psynergy Programs, Inc.:
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have four locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 4604 Roosevelt Ave, Sacramento 95820