Grilled pineapple shrimp
Cook prep: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin removed and cut into cubes
- 2 lbs shrimp
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, (or sub water if you don't have any)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For serving and topping:
- cauliflower rice
- Mixed greens
- Chopped green onions
• To make the marinade, place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
• Thread the shrimp and pineapple onto metal or wooden skewers.
• Pour the marinade over. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
• Preheat the grill to approximately 400-425° F.
• Place the skewers on the grill
• Close the lid and grill for approximately 2 minutes. Flip the skewers over
• Remove from the grill and serve with cauliflower rice and chopped green onions.