Roasted Steak Strips & Spring Veggies
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 10 mins
A balanced diet can include animal protein, as well as non-animal protein sources.
This recipe is made with a type of animal protein that provides us with iron, and vitamin B12. Mixed with zucchini and yellow squash which contain a variety of vitamins such as vitamin C and Vitamin A. This meal of steak paired with roasted zucchini, squash, onion, and tomatoes is so easy and yummy that I am sure you all will enjoy!
2 zucchini, sliced
2 yellow squash, sliced
1 cup of small cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, sliced
3 tbsp of avocado oil
1 tsp of fresh garlic
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced, about ½ -inch thick pieces
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp of cumin
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 12" x 17" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine steak with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Spread zucchini, squash, red onion, and tomatoes on the baking sheet. They do not need to be kept separate. Drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Stir so everything is well seasoned. Spread in a single layer after stirring.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until veggies are softened and close to done.
- Spread marinated steak on baking sheet with veggies. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until steak is how you like it.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!