Rosemary peach chicken with garden salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs (of equal size)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- fresh basil, for topping
· 1 bag of spinach
· ½ red onion, sliced length wise (Juliane)
· 2 lemons juice
· ½ cup pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl place the red onion and lemon and let it sit.
3. Rub the chicken all over with olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest, and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
5. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and 1/4 cup water. Simmer the chicken for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Add the bacon back to the skillet. Arrange the peaches and mozzarella evenly around the chicken and drizzle the honey over the peaches. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 5 minutes, then broil until the peaches are just charred and the cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
7. Drain the onions. In a separate bowl add the spinach, pecans, and onions. Mix well.
8. Serve the salad topped with the chicken with peaches and drizzle over any pan sauce and top with basil.